Date(s) - 02/17/2017
Made possible by a community award from F.A.R.E., these workshops will cover all aspects of dealing with a severe allergy diagnosis in an age-appropriate manner. Topics to be covered but are not limited to: stress, anxiety, dealing with friends, schools, outside activities, autoinjector management and the like.
Here are some of the activities they will be doing:
- Enjoy fun (and free!) events like game night, laser tag, bowling, movies, yoga, etc.
- Connect & create potential lifetime friendships with others handling allergies, just like you!
- Gain community service hours through outreach at allergy awareness events
- Learn to advocate for yourself individually and together
- Mentor younger children of PAK and teach them your tips for handling allergies
- Stay up to date with ongoing research & safety tips